Pumpkin spice lattes have returned so you know it’s time to prep your home for the cooler weather. Here are a few fall cleaning tips we found helpful for this time of year:
Inside Your Home
- Wash all windows.
- Vacuum dusty canvas, cotton, and treated fabric blinds.
- Clean the walls.
- Clean ceiling-mounted light fixtures.
- Vacuum and spot clean upholstered furniture and cushions.
- Wipe down the kitchen cupboards.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Sweep the chimney(s).
- Declutter and clean out the attic.
Outside Your Home
- Check weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows.
- Clean and check the gutters.
- Clean the patio furniture.
- Drain and store garden hoses.
- Check the exterior paint.
- Drain the pool, if applicable.