Spring is here and now is the time to refresh your home for the warmer weather!. Below we have listed a variety of home maintenance and exterior projects that will get you ready to enjoy your outdoor spaces throughout the rest of the season:
Inspect Your Home: Whether you hire someone to inspect your home or do a thorough check yourself, it is important to make sure after a harsh winter that your home’s features are still intact. The following are places to inspect:
- Check your foundation for cracks.
- Inspect your roof for any potential leaks.
- Check your gutters to make sure they are clean and fully operational.
- Have a chimney sweep completed, and make sure everything is functioning properly.
- Check the exterior faucets to make sure there are no leaks.
- Inspect the concrete and walkways around your home to make sure there are no cracks or uneven surfaces.
- Make sure your HVAC systems are running well, and that all filters have been changed and vacuumed for clean air flow.
Yard Work: Time to get your hands dirty to refresh your landscape! Below are some tasks to get your yard in tip-top shape:
- Fertilize, re-seed and cut your grass as needed.
- Weed your gardens and walkways.
- Add fresh mulch to your flower beds.
- Trim your hedges and trees and prune any dead branches.
- Plant some fresh flowers and luscious plants.
Power Wash Exteriors: Now is a good time to clean-up your exteriors! Brighten up and clean off winter messes by power washing the following:
- Exterior home walls and fences
- Patios and Porches
- Deck (Don’t forget to reseal them!)
- Outdoor furniture
Other Cleaning and Repairs to Get Done: Make sure that all parts of your home are functional and put together:
- Check grill hoses and clean your grill to prevent grease fires.
- Attach hoses and turn on exterior water sources.
- Clean windows and sliding doors, both the glass and tracks!
- Clear lawn of leaves, sticks, and branches.
- Touch up exterior paints to brighten up your curb appeal, as needed.
- Perform any pool cleaning and maintenance as the weather gets warmer.